Tuesday 12 March 2013

The Jamaica High School Championships

The championships have started, but things won't heat up until Friday into Saturday. I will be taking my son for the first time this year on Saturday  .

Knowing that Jamaica has produced the fastest human ever over the 100 and 200 metre dash out of these very championships really gives me a sense of pride when I watch the children compete now. As a matter of fact two of the three fastest people over the distances have been produced out of these championships; Usain Bolt and Yohan Blake. Also the man who started it all Asafa Powell although from Jamaica did not participate at these championships. Nevertheless, it is on Asafa's shoulders that the big two now stand so there is no way I would leave him out of the mix.

I wish for a peaceful and violence free championships and that the overseas College scouts and recruiters have a field day. Although I would love if our elite athletes opt to stay here, when they shall have left high school, to further cement our dominance in the sprints for generations to come.

Follow on twitter: @antoniobellmc

© 2013 Antonio Bell. All rights reserved

Disclaimer
All the commentary posted in this publication are my personal view(s) and do not reflect the view(s) of any Association, Federation or Governing Body.


No comments:

Post a Comment