Thursday 14 February 2013

Here We Go Again

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20130213/sports/sports4.html (view link)

Why Now?
photo by Marc Stamp, Gleaner Writer

Darren Mattocks obviously has natural talent and undoubtedly has many years to offer the Jamaica National Football team, hence I really don't know what is happening here. This issue isn't unique to Jamaica but for the life of me I can never understand indiscipline in any team.

Representing one's country is an honour and privilege; not a rite. Darren stay in your lane and let's all row in the same direction.

Captain Burrell goes off on a tangent at times, and IN MY VIEW, is a little too hands on with my National Football team. Nevertheless, you can't blame him when he gets things done; I just wish it was from a distance.

I don't care what a player does at his club (the club takes care of that), but once he dons the black, green and gold or is called up for my National Football team just remember it's the people of Jamaica being represented.

I need this young player to be an option or the go to man whenever the need arises. There are 3 reasons I can come up with why someone should not be included in the National team.
  1. The coach drop yu
  2. Injury
  3. Personal crisis
There is no reason on earth a player should allow a coach or team to exclude him/her due to indiscipline.

The remaining 9 games will not be easy and Tappa will need all hands on deck to steer this ship into the calm waters of the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.

Follow on twitter: @antoniobellmc

© 2013 Antonio Bell. All rights reserved

Disclaimer
All the commentary posted in this publication are my personal view(s) and do not reflect the view(s) of any Association, Federation or Governing Body.

No comments:

Post a Comment